Congratulations on your recent engagement!
Planning your wedding is both exciting and stressful!
Going to bridal shows is a great way to get ideas and to see local vendors whom you can talk to and then hopefully book them for your wedding.
We have provided some helpful tips for you to keep in mind when planning the bridal shows you want to go to with your bridal party!
- Create an e-mail address strictly for your wedding. This is good so you can keep all of your wedding information in one spot, and won’t get overwhelmed on your personal account.
- Make labels with your contact information on them. Many vendors have draws that you can enter, so writing your contact information out every time will get tiring. Your contact information should include; First and Last name, phone number, e-mail and wedding date.
- Pre-register for the show. This will save time registering when you arrive at the show, plus some shows you can save money by registering ahead of time.
- Have a game plan. Going to shows can be overwhelming if you make a list fo the services you still need you can then focus on talking to those vendors.
- Plan to be there for 2-5 hours. Many shows have a fashion show and prizes throughout the day, so you wouldn’t want to miss anything.
- Bring your calendar. Many vendors offer promotions at the show when you book with them, knowing your schedule ahead of time and being able to book it in your calendar right away will make it less stressful. You don’t want to pass up a great deal from a vendor you really like!
- Bring colour swatches. When you are talking to florists and wedding cake vendors having a swatch of the colours you are wanting in your wedding is good to have.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You are going to be doing a lot of walking, and with all the other brides and guests that are going to be there, there may not be many seats available depending on the show. So you should plan on being on your feet for a long time. The last thing you need is achy feet!
- Arrive at least an hour before the fashion show. Make sure you get a seat to the fashion show, if you bring friends and family they can take turns saving the seats.
We look forward to seeing all the recently engaged brides at the upcoming local wedding shows!
To find out what shows we are in, head over to our Facebook page!