Not sure where to start when planning your wedding?
Use our easy step-by-step timeline to help you along the way.
12 months before your wedding
- Find your Ceremony and Reception Venue
- Hire a wedding planner, even if you only want to use them on your wedding day, good wedding planners book up fast so make sure you book them well in advance to avoid disappointment later.
- Hire your officiant for the Ceremony
10 months before your wedding
- Find you photographer, most photographers include an engagement session with their packages, this will help you and the photographer to see how you work together before your big day!
- Hire your caterer
- Find a florist that you have seen their work and love!
9 months before your wedding
- Hire a band or DJ, make sure you ask for referrals!
8 months before your wedding
- Hire musicians for your ceremony, whether it’s the organist at the church or violinists, it’s important to get them booked now
7 months before your wedding
- Look into and book your cake baker. Ask for taste testing, and to see wedding cakes they have previously done.
- Get referrals for travel agents that specialize in Honeymoons, and then meet with a few and book your trip.
6 months before your wedding
- Hire your Makeup and Hairstylist for your big day!
- If you are wanting any extra décor or rentals to add to the Ceremony or Reception now is the time to look into Décor Rental companies
5 months before your wedding
- Book transportation for everyone in the bridal party
- If you have out of town guests that need transportation to the Ceremony and Reception you should also be booking that now too.
3 months before your wedding
- Order wedding favours, or if you are doing them yourself start making them now
- Order your wedding bands