Choosing who will stand beside you for your big day may seem a bit intimidating.
We have some tips listed below to help you through the process of figuring out who to ask and who not to ask.
- Think twice before you ask. Give yourself at least a month to think about who you are going to ask to be in your wedding party. Discuss your choices with your fiance. You both should be happy with who is standing up for the two of you.
- When you are thinking about asking your friends and family to be in your bridal party ask yourself if you will be close to them 5 years from now
- When you ask your attendants, be clear with your expectations of them. No sense in them not knowing what is expected and later into the wedding planning you get irritated with them for not helping with the planning process.
- Think about how many attendants you each want. Do you want it to be even on each side? ie: 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen?
- Don’t ask someone to be in your wedding, just because you were in theirs. If you haven’t spoken to this person in a long time chances are you won’t be much closer years later. You shouldn’t feel obligated to include them just because you were in theirs. This goes for family and friends.
- You can have more than one maid of honour or best man. If you are comfortable with it you can split the responsibilities for them. This day and age everyone has a lot going on with work and their social life if it is too much for one person to handle. Consider splitting the responsibilities between two people you trust and value their opinions.
- Think about friends who have known you and your fiance for the entirety of your relationship