We have come up with a list of questions to ask when you are looking at Wedding Venues.
It’s important to ask these questions before you book with the venue.
Once you sign the contract it will be harder to change things that you should’ve asked about before you signed.
- What dates are available in the month I’m considering?
- How many weddings do you have booked on my date?
- How many people can this location accommodate?
- What is the rental fee and what is included in that price? Is there a discount for booking an off-season date or booking Sunday or Friday?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- What’s the payment plan for the entire bill?
- Can I hold my ceremony here, too? Is there an additional charge?
- Is the ceremony site close to the reception site?
- Is there a bride’s changing area?
- How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?
- What’s the cancellation policy?
- What’s your weather contingency plan for outdoor spaces?
- How long will I have use of the event space(s) I reserve?
- Is there an overtime fee if I stay longer? Is there a minimum or maximum rental time?
- What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding? Is it possible to start the setup the day before? How early can deliveries be made? How much time will I have for décor setup? Does the venue provide assistance getting gifts or décor back to a designated car, hotel room, etc. after the event has concluded?
- Is there an outdoor space where my guests can mingle, and can it be heated and/or protected from the elements if necessary? Is there a separate indoor “socializing” space?
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or do I need to provide my own? Even if there is an in-house caterer, do I have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
- Can I bring in a cake from an outside cake maker or must I use a cake made on the premises?
- Is there a cake-cutting fee? If I use a cake made on site is the fee waived?
- Do you provide special cake-cutting utensils?
- Can I bring my own wine, beer or champagne, and is there a corkage fee if I do? Can I bring in other alcohol?
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service? If so, is alcohol priced per person? By consumption? Are there additional charges for bar staff?
- Is there a bar minimum that must be met before the conclusion of the event? What is the average bar tab for the number of people attending my event?
- Are there adequate bathroom facilities? Is there a coat check?
- Is there ample parking? Will guests be charged for parking?